Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Recognition is nice!


We are so proud!

We have mentioned quite a few times that Dayna is a volunteer registered nurse at Shepherd's Hope as part of her Cru ministry.  Shepherd's Hope is the largest organization in the Central Florida area providing medical care to the uninsured.  They have 5 clinics and hundreds of volunteers.  

This summer Dayna was chosen as Volunteer Nurse of the year!  We are very proud of her and realize what an honor it is for her to be chosen.  It really is a great group and I'm glad Dayna is able to use her nursing skills there.


Family time

In August all of our kids, son in law and grandkids were at our house for a week. It was really great to have everyone around!




I hosted a conference!

When I became an "internal consultant/coach/project manager/etc" about 7 years ago, there hadn't been a lot of success in making that role work in Cru.  But after 6 years, my boss, Cru's CFO, asked me to facilitate the ability to provide more consulting inside Cru.  

I have had some folks begin reporting to me.  I have the small Transformation Center of Excellence team, focusing on Process Improvement, two consultants with different skillsets than me, and that's it.  

But, as we planned a time together to help us know how to do that "come alongside" role, we discovered other teams and people who are in the space of project managers, coaches, and consultants.  So, less than 2 weeks ago, we had a conference for 20 people for 1 1/2 days, and it went very well!  

One team shared that they felt underutilized, invisible, and not sure how to make a better contribution.  They were encouraged to know others were serving in similar roles.  I've had two invitations after that gathering to talk about how to better approach these kinds of engagements in Cru. 

I love working on "high leverage" projects that will impact our staff and their ability to focus on and accomplish the mission God has called us to.  Thank you for supporting us with your finances and prayers to allow us to serve as missionaries with Cru.

With love and thanks,









No comments:

Post a Comment